Where can I find out what the JIRA Core version is in each Service Desk version?

Ken Niebauer June 10, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA Service Desk 3.1.x Release Notes

I would like to know what the core JIRA version is for each of the Servcie Desk versions - is there a table somewhere that lists that?

Or to ask another way - on the Service Desk download page - where can I find what the core version of JIRA is for each version of Service Desk.

Thank you - 

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2016

So, to take another stab at this – 

JIRA Service Desk does not include JIRA Core. JIRA Service Desk and JIRA Core are separate applications built on the JIRA Platform.

I do not believe we know what the versioning of the "JIRA Platform" is. Maybe I'm off base here, I'm not sure there's a clear resource to answer this question.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2016

You should click onimage2016-6-10 10:0:6.pngAdministration and then Applications.

From there you can make sure you're on the Versions & Licenses tab and you should see the version for JIRA Core, and Service Desk or Software if you have those installed.

image2016-6-10 10:5:6.png

Ken Niebauer June 10, 2016

I guess I didn't ask my question good enough - on the Service Desk download page - where can I find what the core version of JIRA is for each version of Service Desk.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2016

Sorry! That I do not not know offhand. 

Suggest an answer