Where can I find a map of which Statuses are included in each Workflow?

Nik Blanchet July 22, 2014

Some of our Workflows use differently named Statuses with the same meaning (QA Review, QA Ready, Ready for QA, QA Rdy…). I know I can fix the Status drift by changing each underlying Workflow or by migrating the Project to use a different Workflow.

I don't know how to find a quick association between Statuses and Workflows though.

I can see which Groups a User belongs to AND which Users belong to what Groups. Is there somewhere I can see what Statuses are used in each Workflow, similar to the Users-Groups and Workflow Schemes - Projects maps? (It would also be great if I could see what Workflows use which Statuses without manually reviewing each Workflow.)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marten Kreienbrock
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014

Hi Nik,

assuming you have admin rights, you should be able to associate all your statuses with their workflow by viewing the status tab in the admin section.

In my Jira 6.2.7 the path would be Administration -> Issues -> Statuses. If it is already provided for your jira, you could also use the search for admin functions in the admin section.

On the mentioned page you should see a list of all statuses and the workflows they occure in.

Nik Blanchet August 13, 2014

Thanks, Marten. This isn't perfect (the map only goes Status --> Workflow instead of both ways), but it's close enough.

Marten Kreienbrock
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

If you want to map Workflow -> Status, you could look at the Workflow section in the admin section (can be found in the same area as the Statuses section). There you will see a list of all statuses used in a workflow, if you click on "View", as well as all transitions.

Suggest an answer