Where can I find Database Values plugin jar file

Vadim Libes June 1, 2012

Sorry for really novice question, but I cannot find jar file for Database Values JIRA Plugin. I downloaded database-values-plugin-1.4.zip file, but there is no any jar files. What I am missing?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2012

I think you downloaded the file with Internet Explorer which renames a .jar file to .zip. Just rename the file you downloaded to database-values-plugin-1.4.jar and use that in JIRA.

0 votes
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2012

Did you restart JIRA after you copied the jar file?

0 votes
Vadim Libes June 1, 2012

Next problem: per installation instruction I copied database-values-plugin-1.4.jar to C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\lib

At this point I should be able to create custom field of new type: database values

So I go to Administration->Fields... ->Custom Fields and click on Add Custom Field. I should be able to see new type on the next screen? But I do not.

Also, if I go in Manage Existing tab under Plugin in administration, should I be able to see my new plugin.

Suggest an answer