Where are the Service Desk default Issue icons located?

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2016

When Service Desk is installed, it provides some new Issue Types to work with as compared to JIRA Core/Software.  Some of these Issue Types are Incident, Problem, Change, Fault, Service Request, IT Help, etc and each of these uses a brand new Issue icon.  

However, if you change, edit, or delete these issues or their icons, you seemingly cannot choose them again!  I changed an icon for the new default Problem issue type, however if I try to change that Issue's icon again, the original icon isn't available for selection ... it's only the default JIRA Core icon set.  

So where are the Service Desk brought issue icons located? So that I can save them from the server and upload them manually to an issue type.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robin van Es March 2, 2016

Are you looking for the icons located here: ...\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\images\icons ?

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

No.  I'm looking for the Service Desk specific Issue Type icons such as Incident, Problem, Change, Fault, etc that came w/ the installation of Service Desk).  They are not under The folder would be: $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/avatars/ either

(I'd love to attach a screenshot of these default issue types but get HTTP errors when I try to)

1 vote
Rene C_ _Atlassian Cloud Support_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2018

Even though this is marked as resolved:

The Icons for Service Desk request types are stored in the Service Desk jar file itself:

For request types: jira-servicedesk-3.8.1-REL-0001.jar\img\request-type-icons 

For the issue types: jira-servicedesk-3.8.1-REL-0001.jar\img\issue-type-icons

You can open the file with any compression tool like WinRAR to see the contents of the file.

Cheers!

Cengiz Akyildiz January 23, 2019

Good to know. Just curious if I can fix my missing Request Type Icons ?

Screenshot.png

This missing request type icons seem to be added, when we migrated the cloud jira instance to server. Either I need to those icons manually on the server then should I add them to the jar fiel on server? or somewhere else. Or another option is there a way if I can remove them from this list.

Everytime I open up request types, it just inflates the jira.log file respectful amount for the missing icon files, which I want to fix.

Thanks.

Cengiz Akyildiz January 23, 2019

Ok I've found also the bug ticket which you have created :), where it explains a work-around:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5629

Thanks.

0 votes
Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2017

I have same need and find out an hint from https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/issue-type-avatars-missing-on-create-issue-screen-779160838.html

In "Issue Types" listing, it is possible to request "Image location" from browser, and to get URL with following pattern: "/secure/viewavatar?size=xsmall&avatarId=13802&avatarType=issuetype"

This location requires to login, but saving image as a local file with "size=large" allows to use avatars elsewhere.

Suggest an answer