Where are the Service Desk default Issue icons located?

When Service Desk is installed, it provides some new Issue Types to work with as compared to JIRA Core/Software.  Some of these Issue Types are Incident, Problem, Change, Fault, Service Request, IT Help, etc and each of these uses a brand new Issue icon.  

However, if you change, edit, or delete these issues or their icons, you seemingly cannot choose them again!  I changed an icon for the new default Problem issue type, however if I try to change that Issue's icon again, the original icon isn't available for selection ... it's only the default JIRA Core icon set.  

So where are the Service Desk brought issue icons located? So that I can save them from the server and upload them manually to an issue type.

2 answers

Are you looking for the icons located here: ...\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\images\icons ?

No.  I'm looking for the Service Desk specific Issue Type icons such as Incident, Problem, Change, Fault, etc that came w/ the installation of Service Desk).  They are not under The folder would be: $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/avatars/ either

(I'd love to attach a screenshot of these default issue types but get HTTP errors when I try to)

I have same need and find out an hint from https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/issue-type-avatars-missing-on-create-issue-screen-779160838.html

In "Issue Types" listing, it is possible to request "Image location" from browser, and to get URL with following pattern: "/secure/viewavatar?size=xsmall&avatarId=13802&avatarType=issuetype"

This location requires to login, but saving image as a local file with "size=large" allows to use avatars elsewhere.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,345 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot