Where Service Desk persist data, other than database?

We are trialing JIRA Service Desk and working on a Business Case to secure funding. We recently refreshed our JIRA Test instance from our JIRA Production instance. Upon refresh our Test instance has remnants of our previous Service Desks. But when clicking on them I get a NullPointerException. None of them work.

When I go to those projects, I tried disabling Service Desk. I was not able to create a new Service Desk. Reenabled Service Desk hoping it would install the missin parts. It did not.

Is Service Desk information stored on the filesystem or somewhere else in the database that an export of the production MySQL DB would not wipe out?

Thanks,

Brannon

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote
Brad Baker Atlassian Team Jan 20, 2014

Service Desk stores all its data in the database via the "Active Objects" tables thats start with AO_54307E_*

For example :

• AO_54307E_QUEUE or AO_54307E_VIEWPORT

Note this is mostly the "config" of Service Desk. The raw "service desk data" is standard JIRA issue data.

I suggest that you raise a support request if you cant get this working

Hi Brad - Cleaning out those tables has worked. Thanks for your help!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

148 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you