Where I can set the maximum time care (SLA) based on types of issues and priorities?

Patricia Vargas November 18, 2012

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2012

That's not really a detailed enough question to answer you, but here's some generalised stuff...

Jira doesn't have much in the way of SLA tracking built into it, so you'll need to think about how you do it in your organisation and add things to Jira to enable your way of doing it.

You will almost certainly need some coding to support what you want to do, and you'll need to make the call your self about how much you want to do internally, or if it's better to use plugins (free or commercial).

Start by having a look for plugins in the marketplace - a search for SLA will find you some to look through.

However, you've said you are using OnDemand, so you are limited to the ones listed at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Plugin+Policy (none of them directly do SLAs, but some of them will help)

Patricia Vargas November 18, 2012
Thanks You for your answer.
In other workplace, was used JIRA Enterprise. In that work we could see the tickets that were about to expire using a filter with the Closure Expectation Field. In Jira Ondemand this is possible? I can set up a template which includes the issue type, and priority and assigned them a maximum response time?

Example, if someone includes a ticket with an issue type "BUG" and priority "Blocker", there is somewhere where I cant set for these cases that
where I set that for these cases the maximum resolution is for example 2 hours?
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2012

>Closure Expectation Field

That is some form of custom field - I can't tell which type it might be from the description. If it's a standard off-the-shelf custom field, then yes, you can use it in OnDemand. If it's provided by some plugin that isn't in OnDemand, then no.

As with all custom fields, you can associate them with one, some or many issue types, it's entirely up to you.

It does sound like it was a plugin though. You'll need to find out what it was.

Patricia Vargas November 19, 2012

Thank You, I found out and is a field type "Date Range Selector". In this case what should I do?

Furthermore, I researched and found this plugin "http://code.google.com/p/jira-sla-plugin/" This could serve for what I need? I could use it on OnDemand?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2012

I don't recognise "Date Range Selector", so I guess it's a plugin. For that, and the sla plugin you've found, no, you can't use either of them in OnDemand - the plugin policy lists what you can use and those plugins aren't there.

Suggest an answer