Where I can find Server ID in JIRA 7

Andrzej Warycha October 14, 2015

Hi,

I have fresh license for JIRA 6 + AGILE with valid support to August 2016.

I have installed new empty JIRA 7 Software and during initial setup has been generated  JIRA Software (Server): Evaluation license.

Now I would like to enter correct license. From this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/migration/jira-7/jira-license-compatibility-matrix I know that my JIRA 6 license should work with my JIRA 7 instance.

But when I want to preview my license in my account license manager, application requires to update Server ID.

There is even helpful message smile

To get your Server ID:

1. Log in as a JIRA administrator
  2. Click on the Settings icon and choose System
  3. Click on the License link
  4. Your Server ID is listed in the Server ID field

But of course this screen is not available in new JIRA 7 so I don't know what I should do.

If somebody could help I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Andrzej

3 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Björn Frauen February 16, 2016

Hi guys,

you can find the Server ID in JIRA 7 under Administration > System-> System Info tab -> there should be JIRA Info section with server id.

Cheers, Björn

Khilendra Sahu December 13, 2018

thanks

1 vote
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2015

Andrzej,

When you install JIRA you should see your Server ID by selecting I have a JIRA key on the setup wizard:

server-key_JIRA7_install.png

You should use that key to update the license details smile

0 votes
Andrzej Warycha October 14, 2015

Matheus,

Thanks for answer. On this screen I chose second option then.

So instead of clearing database to get this initial screen I have used SQL query from this site https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Changing+Server+ID+for+Test+Installations to extract Server ID and generate license.

Suggest an answer