When writing JQL in Issue Navigator, custom field does not give list of options

Philip Schlesinger April 27, 2015

Hi all,

JIRA 6.2.3 with ScriptRunner 2.1.17.

We have a custom field configured for type Bug: "Root Cause".  It's an optional Select List.

It has a ScriptRunner validator to prevent a Bug from being resolved as "Fixed" without a value for Root Cause:

!(issue.resolutionObject && issue.resolutionObject.name && issue.resolutionObject.name == "Fixed" && ! cfValues['Root Cause'] && issue.issueTypeObject.name == "Bug"

It looks like that when I put that ScriptRunner validator into place we lost the ability to get the list of options for the Root Cause field when writing JQL in Issue Navigator.

In addition, if while in Issue Navigator I write the following valid JQL:

"Root Cause" =  Vendor

The following warning is entered in JIRA's log file:

2015-04-27 14:50:36,406 http-bio-8080-exec-24 WARN philip.schlesinger 890x10599x1 cw8luv 10.218.39.64 /secure/QueryComponent!Jql.jspa [fields.config.persistence.FieldConfigSchemePersisterImpl] Found more than one field config scheme for field config '12345'; returning first one

(FYI I know that this warning is what's being described in this known JIRA bug)

I've tried with no success:

• Setting Search Template to "None", indexing, setting Search Template to "Multi-Select Searcher", indexing again
  • Adding Document to the list of issue types, indexing
  • Restarting JIRA

Help?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2015

I don't think this is anything to do with SR... seems like you are just hitting a known JIRA bug. You could verify this by creating a new field and applying the same logic. There is just no way that a workflow validator could affect the suggestions generator.

Philip Schlesinger April 30, 2015

Thanks. If you have a moment, would you please take a peek at: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/15283944/optional-select-list-custom-field-that-always-displays-in-issue-view-scriptrunner-scripted-field-or-custom-plugin ? I'm just trying to find out the most efficient way to tackle this situation..

0 votes
Philip Schlesinger April 28, 2015

Bump

Suggest an answer