When will workbox be included in JIRA instead of only Confluence

Damon Gaylor November 16, 2012

I like the new workbox, but hate the fact that it is only available in Confluence. When will you be adding this to the JIRA side?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

Hi Damon,

Just my two cents: you may want to follow the related improvement requests in Atlassian Jira, and support the implementation of the feature by voting for them.

- AOD-6142 - Cross-application workbox

- JRA-30286 - Ability to see workbox-like notifications in JIRA

- CONF-26818 - Ability to see assigned JIRA issues in Confluence workbox

As you pointed out yourself, managing the tasks from different applications may be cumbersome, so it's hard to estimate when the feature will be implemented - but we're aware of the customers' need for this, and so work is under way.

Damon Gaylor January 13, 2013

Thank you for the follow up Dora. The more I think about it, I am mostly interested in the Personal Tasks part, which could be much easier. Keep up the great work.

0 votes
TylerA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2013

The workbox was designed to provide an integrated view of Confluence updates. JIRA already has this via filters and other Dashboard gadgets, however, according to the workbox configuration documentation:

"Confluence OnDemand can include JIRA notifications"

Would that be sufficient? Or are you simply wanting the Workbox for a JIRA-only instance?

Damon Gaylor January 13, 2013

Ideally, we would have the same functionality with Workbox in both applications that way I would see Confluence and JIRA notifications when in JIRA and Confluence. I can see where this may become unmanageable if you get lots of JIRA notifications.

I'm hoping to use more of the tasks part of workbench and hoping you are going to continue to enhance that. If so, that is the functionality that I'm hoping to get in JIRA.

Suggest an answer