When will the JIRA Subversion Plugin be available for version 6?

aaronbean May 24, 2013

Or am I blind and it is already?

Should have checked on this before we upgraded, but we sure miss it!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Dunstall May 29, 2013

The latest version of the SVN plugin does work with Jira 6. However, the commit links to WebSVN (or other) are displaying the raw HTML as text; so you see <a href="url to websvn">filename</a< instead of the actual link.

Someone cleverer than I could look at the source code and fix this up.

pezjoker May 30, 2013

The SVN commit message for the subversion plugin version 0.10.11 is definitely showing up as raw html after the upgrade to JIRA 6.0.

I followed the steps to force a complete reindex of all subversion commits, and the message still shows up as raw html.

For the cleverer someone out there that can offer up a fix, if it is of any help i was able to locate the following html within the velocity template for the subversion commits view, and i assume this is what is not compatible with something in JIRA 6.0. I am not clever enough to be certain, however, and definitely am not clever enough to know how to make it work.

I unzipped the jar file included in the plugin distribution and navigated to the file:

lib\templates\plugins\subversion\issuetabpanels\subversion-commits-view.vm

and there i found:

<td bgcolor="#ffffff">#makelinkedhtml($svn.revision.getMessage().trim())</td>

Chris Dunstall May 30, 2013

As a further clue to pezjoker's post, either getMessage() or #makelinkedhtml would be encoding the html tags (i.e. changing a < to &lt;).

1 vote
Denis Shvedchenko May 30, 2013

Hi, file /templates/plugins/subversion/issuetabpanels/subversion-commits-view.vm need

#disable_html_escaping()

at the begining. html escaping is on by default since jira 6.0.

edit your local atlassian-jira-subversion-plugin-0.10.11.1.jar . and it will render as html

Denis Shvedchenko May 30, 2013

Maybe rest of velocity templates in this jar also requires this command

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2013

http://checkup.atlassian.com says that atlassian-jira-subversion-plugin-0.10.11.1.jar will work with 6.0. You can always give it a go if you dare. Do a backup and see what happens.

Victor Ewert May 28, 2013

Has anyone tried 0.10.11.1 with Jira 6.0? I'm just wondering if someone can confirm whether it works or not. On the plugin home page, one user commented that the log was displayed as HTML.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion

Suggest an answer