When will Zephyr fix compatibility issue with JIRA 6.3.10?

Jiri Polak November 14, 2014

We upgraded to JIRA 6.3.10 yeserday and according to the compatibility check Zephyr 2.5.1.25101747 was compatible. It turned out that it wasn't and we are very anxios to know when Zephyr will release a new compatible version!

8 answers

1 vote
Christian Domsch November 14, 2014

Hello,

we also purchased Zephyr and I specifically just upgraded our complete tool suite to be able to integrate Zephyr. Since I naturally installed the current version of JIRA, I installed 6.3.10. And this is currently not supported by zephyr.

Since there is no way to downgrade, I am stuck. We bought Zephyr for a lot of money, and I like to use this now. How long am I supposed to wait?

1 vote
Jiri Polak November 14, 2014

We cannot start Zephyr at all. The plugin is disabled .with the status : INCOMPATIBLE - -UPDATE REQUESTED . Note taht we upgraded to JIAR 6.3.10

1 vote
Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2014

What type of issues are you having? We are having issues with Zephyr 2.5.1.25101747 and JIRA 6.3.9 where test executions that already existed won't display now after the upgrade.

0 votes
Daniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2014

Hello Everyone,

Zephyr just went live with Zephyr for JIRA 2.5.2. This version includes bug fixes and most importantly - comparability with JIRA 6.3.10 and 6.3.11. Users can upgrade either via the UPM or downloading from our Marketplace page linked below:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.thed.zephyr.je

Important: After performing a normal upgrade, please first re-index JIRA and then re-index Zephyr for JIRA in order to start seeing your data again.

Please view our Knowledge Base article on the issue linked below for more information:

https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us/articles/203475295-Zephyr-for-JIRA-2-5-1-incompatible-with-JIRA-6-3-10-6-3-11

Kind Regards, 
Daniel

0 votes
Jacob Feisley December 2, 2014

We hit the same issue when we upgraded to 6.3.10 (and 6.3.11)

Zephyr's atlassian-plugin.xml file references the following condition: com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.CanAttachScreenshotToIssueCondition

which does not appear to exist in JIRA as of 6.3.10. However, the following condition does: com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.CanAttachFileToIssueCondition

We simply unpacked the .obr and .jar file and changed the file to reference the other condition. My assumption is that Screenshots are simply considered Files now and do not have a dedicated condition. We have been using Zephyr with this fix for weeks with no issue.

EDIT: Here is our patched copy for anyone not familiar with unpacking and repacking plugins:

0 votes
Ravi Atluri November 24, 2014

We have upgraded to 6.3.10 and this has become a huge issue for us. Do we have a status update to see when we might have it released?

0 votes
Deleted user November 24, 2014

We are having the same issue.  This is a huge issue for us and if you can provide a timeline or even a beta version so that we can get this to work that would be great.

0 votes
Daniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2014

Hello Everyone,

We at Zephyr just wanted to reach out and say that creating a compatible version of Zephyr for JIRA for JIRA 6.3.10 is currently our top priority. We are glad to say that we are working on finalizing a release for this issue and project a public release in two weeks.

Regards,

Daniel

Deleted user November 30, 2014

Any ETA on this as we are awaiting to upgrade and this is holding us back?

Rene Bartkowiak December 1, 2014

Same here. Any ETA for the update?

Lisensansvarlig Ruter December 2, 2014

ETA???

Daniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2014

An updated version is out now. Please see my post below for details.

Suggest an answer