When will JIRA Suite Utilities be part of JIRA's native application in Server and Cloud?

Marc Gervase September 22, 2017

It is my understanding JIRA will be consuming the JIRA Suite Utilities (JSU) plugin functionality into it's standard offering.

If this is true can you answer the following:

- What Server version of JIRA Software will this be released in?

- What Cloud version of JIRA Software will this be released in?

- Is there a gap in JSU functionality from the plugin to what's offered in JIRA?

- If an instance of JIRA has the JSU add-on enabled will it be easy to remove the add-on and keep the functionality since it will not be part of the standard configuration? If a workflow uses JSU conditions or validators will it need to be reconfigured?

Thanks.

4 answers

1 vote
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2017

Where did you see this?   Jira Suite Utilities just went payware from free add-in recently.  

The free version is marked incompatible with higher versions of Jira, for example 7.5.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities/server/overview

Marc Gervase September 25, 2017

Looks like I missed this news. So it looks like Atlassian is not consuming the functionality.

Also, the paid plugin appears not compatible with the cloud version.

Regardless of the add-on being free/part of standard offering or payware, will it even work with JIRA cloud? The marketplace listing doesn't have a cloud option so I wouldn't think there's an alternative, but since the history around this one is all over the place something could change.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2017

The free version is installed on Cloud automatically, but you now have to ask for it to be enabled.

Marc Gervase September 25, 2017

Thanks. This is what I was looking for.

0 votes
Simon Black September 27, 2017

What amazing timing I have.  

Just worked out satisfactory workflows on Jira Cloud incorporating Validators that rely on Custom Fields being set.  However, we had to move to an Enterprise Server instead and now all my Validators are broken.  

I'd pay $10 to get them fixed by downloading the Suite plugin, but when I try to confirm things work with the Free Trial, I get an error.

Is this plugin still available?  For $10?  Am I going to be able to use the validators in a future version of Server instead?

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2017

If we're talking Jira Suite.  The software is available in the market place link posted before.   Pricing depends on how many user licenses your jira instance is licensed for.

Simon Black September 28, 2017

Thanks, I was able to install the Suite plugin and fix my validators.  I could not access the plugin from my Jira instance Gear > Add Ons, but could by downloading it from the  marketplace and uploading to my JIRA  instance. Assume there is some network/firewall  reason  I couldn't get it direct.  

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2017

JSU has an unusual history - the short version is the original vendor fell out with Atlassian, pulled it completely, upset far too many clients and Atlassian negotiated a compromise where it would move to Beecom, remaining free for a while (that's expired now), and they'd continue *not*  to incorporate its functions in the core product.

So I too would be interested to hear how Atlassian are going to absorb some of its functions, given how that would hurt Beecom.

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2017

agree - where did you hear this?  I'd be surprised if they were included (or bought) as like Greg mentioned above, they just switched to a paid-for add-on and introduced many new features.

Suggest an answer