When using sprint boards, how auto assign an issue moved to "Send for Review" to a different user?

Alan McDermott January 10, 2018

We're using stories and sub-tasks to manage our work. Our active sprint can be viewed on a board with columns - 

To Do / In Progress / Ready for Review / Done

When someone working on a ticket (sub-task) feels they've finished the task and wants it reviewed, they drag it to the Ready for Review column. As they are dragging the ticket across, as they hover over the Ready for Review column, two options appear - "Send for Review / Ready for Review"

How do we access functionality for these two things so that we can make issues that are dropped in "Send for Review" auto assign to the person that should be reviewing that ticket?

I've searched the help and can't find anything that clearly explains where this functionality exists and how to make it work for you. At a guess I'd say it's something to do with workflows, but I can't find any reference anywhere within the workflow or workflow scheme that would allow me to make changes to this?

Looking for a little clarity and any help hugely appreciated.

-Alan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

So, the solution was that these different options were Transitions set up in the workflow. I was able to add a screen that had Assignee that was triggered upon that transition, requiring the user to assign the ticket to whomever they wanted to review it. 

Perfect!

Now, a user finishes their work, drops the ticket into "Send for Review" and they are presented with a screen that asks them who they want to review it, and provides a comment box to explain what they've done.

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

Hi Alan

I think what you're looking for is a Post function associated with a Transition. Looking at the possibilities, my instance of Jira only allows assigning to Lead developer or Reporter, which may not be exactly what you want. You can also clear the Assignee field

thanks - appreciate the response!

Suggest an answer