When user signs up to service desk by sending email - can I include the customer in an Organization?

Geir Jonsson June 15, 2017

In my Service Desk, anyone can send an email to create an issue.   This results in a new user being created everytime the user doesn't already exist as Service Desk Customer.

What  I would like to do, is to categorize the newly created user into an existing organization based on user's email address.

I have partially resolved this using ScriptRunner in the "Create Issue" workflow post function - but I am fishing for ideas of a better implementation, anyone?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2017

Hi Geir.

You could have a custom scripted listener that listens for UserCreated Event(this would also be part of ScriptRunner). When it is triggered, it would apply that user category. 

This would be better because it would only trigger when a user is created, and not when anyone creates an issue, like you have right now.

If I can help you further, do not hessitate to ask.

Cheers.

Dyelamos

Suggest an answer