When trying to export a Jira structure only exports the top level

Patricia Funnell February 10, 2015

This is a phenomenon that just happened this week, It use to work and colleagues to not have this problem with the same structure. 

When I have a JIRA structure pinned at a certain parent with 7 levels of hierarchy, and I do an export to excel, it just exports that parent and does not export the entire hierarchy. This used to work last week i.e. it would export the entire hierarchy! Have I changed configuration so it exports only the parent?

BTW, this happens in the structure view.

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2015

Hello Patricia,

This is Eugene from ALM Works. Sorry for the delayed reply. We normally rely on tags, when monitoring the Atlassian Answers, that's why we missed this one. Answers is more of a community resource, so if you want a quick reply from us and not just from fellow users, please contact us directly via mail or through our JIRA.

Regarding the Excel export - which versions of JIRA and Structure do you use and what program are you using to open the resulting file? We couldn't reproduce the problem in our environments.

If you want, you can submit a support request in our JIRA and attach the file there so we can take a look:

http://almworks.com/structure/support-request

Thanks,

Eugene

Suggest an answer