When sprint closed move un-resolved stories to top of backlog

M September 14, 2017

I am currently using Jira v7.3.6.

With previous version of Jira, prior to upgrade, when a sprint was closed all un-resolved stories would move to the "top" of the backlog. Which was nice so I could immediately pull them into the next sprint or determine where to prioritize them in the backlog.

In v7.3.6 un-resolved stories do NOT got to the TOP of the backlog. They go into the backlog scattered around. This makes it challenging to figure which ones I want to pull back into the next sprint.

I am hoping this is just a configuration item that got changed during Jira upgrade. Assistance greatly appreciated as it is very cumbersome to use now.

1 answer

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2017

I suggest you create a new sprint before you close the current one off then tell jira to move all the issues to the new waiting sprint.

A little work flow adjust on your side, but it does the trick and saves you from dragging things back up into the new sprint.

M September 15, 2017

Thanks Gregory. I wish I could get it to work the old way, but your suggestion is a great alternative! The only problem is that if there is a story that I really do want to go to the backlog then I have to drag it out of the new waiting sprint into the backlog. But doable. Good suggestion.

Suggest an answer