When shoudl I close testcases

geomatani January 19, 2014

Hi Guys,

I need your suggestion about this.

we have same status workflow for zephyr tests as we have for defects, open, fixed, ready to test, closed, etc....I have created number of tests to cover each Jira story. All our tests are in status ready to test.

I have created 2 test cyles: smoke and release

In which cycle I shoudl close this tests:

After its passes smoke cycle, release cycle or both?

regards

2 answers

1 vote
Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2014

We add the Tests to a Zephyr Test Cycle and then execute them. We try to not close test cases but to keep them open and re-use them on the next effort. The test case could be in multiple Test Cycles at one time being used for different efforts. When the test cases are executed from the Cycle they either pass or fail. We say the Cycle is done when all steps have passed.

If you close the test cases won't you have to re-create the same cases next time your code changes?

0 votes
geomatani January 28, 2014

Thanks JS for your feedback.

That makes sence. I think our workflow is wrong. We shoudl not have option to close tests, but like I said our admin automaticly assoigned the same workflow to test as defects have.

I am making suggestings to change it.

thanks again.

Suggest an answer