When sharing an issue from Jira, reply-to is user; Can I change that?

Deleted user October 13, 2014

When I use the 'share this issue' button from the issue navigator, the resulting email has the email associated with my user profile as a reply-to address, rather than the email account from which it is sent (jira@mycompany.atlassian.net). Can I disable the reply-to address so that a reply to that email will go to jira@mycompany.atlassian.com? I want to do this because replies to that shared email would then be appended to the comments in my setup.

1 answer

0 votes
Joel Cumberland October 13, 2014

Go to your projects admin section and select Notifications. In this section you'll notice the email field (shown below)

Screenshot_4.png

Click on the pencil and add your email

Joel

Deleted user October 13, 2014

Thanks for the prompt response, Joel. That email address is already configured properly. When I use the "share" button from the issue view, the notification email does indeed come from that address. However, it also appends a reply-to address which is the email address associated with my user account. In many email clients clicking 'reply' to the email sends to the 'reply-to' address, rather than the 'from' address.

Joel Cumberland October 13, 2014

I see ... yeah, you would think it would reply to the email you configure on the notifications or the outgoing mail settings.. unfortunately im not sure how to fix it, I'll have to watch this issue and hopefully someone else can shed some light on this matter.

t May 17, 2015

I have the same problem, as far as i can tell there is no fix... it doesnt make sense to me..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events