When searching for a group, membersOf("") function does not auto-complete?

Maxwell Zierath August 10, 2017

I have multiple development groups across my JIRA instance, and we are trying to search for issues currently owned by a specific group. For example, we're interested in searching for issues owned by QA. However, the person looking for those issues may not be aware of group names. 

When attempting this search, (assignee in membersOf(QA)), the group query doesn not provide an autocomplete. Is there a setting I may have disabled or can enable that allows this field to autocomplete? 

Additional information --- 

All users in the system have Browse User permissions. 

When a non-admin is looking at another user, they only see the default jira-user group on that person, not any additional groups they are part of (E.g. QA)

2 answers

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2017

Hello Maxwell,

For the JQL function membersOf("<group-name>") autocomplete isn't supported. Thus, the user has to provide the name explicitly. 

0 votes
Maxwell Zierath August 10, 2017

Additional information --- 

All users in the system have Browse User permissions. 

When a non-admin is looking at another user, they only see the default jira-user group on that person, not any additional groups they are part of (E.g. QA)

Suggest an answer