When "Resolve" Issue with Resolution "Won't fix", skip the "Fix Version/s" validation

Loredana February 19, 2013

Hi all,

we set in the workflow, that when someone wants to set an issue on "Resolved" or "Done", a Resolution and the "Fix Version/s" are required.

When a developer chooses the resolution "Won't fix", the validator should skip checking the Fix Version.

I don't know how to set this up: a conditioned validator...

Thank you for your ideas!

Regards,

Loredana

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Darren February 19, 2013

You could also modify the workflow to allow to different transitions at this point - one which checks for both a resolution and a fix version (call it "mark as fixed" for example) and one which only checks for a resolution (call it "mark as wont fix").

You could probably even set a post function on the latter option which sets the resolution as "won't fix" automatically

Loredana February 25, 2013

I changed the workflow so that you can choose between "Resolve Issue" or "Won't fix".

The problem is that when resolving issue, the resolution list still includes the "Won't fix" resolution. I don't know how to adapt the resolution list for that particular screen. I don't see a way of making different schemes/lists for the "Resolution" Field-Values. We have these Resolutions: Fixed, Won't fix, Duplicate, Incomplete, Cannot Reproduce.

Thank you so much for your help!

Darren February 25, 2013

I believe it is possible to exclude specific resolutions from a workflow step/transition with the jira.field.resolution.exclude property.

You might find some more helpful information on that here :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+Properties#

you'll need to also supply the resolution ID to exclude - thats the number on the end of the URL when you edit the resolution i.e :

https://xxxx.com/secure/admin/EditResolution!default.jspa?id=10010

Hope that helps

Loredana February 26, 2013

Yep, that did it. Thank you so much!

0 votes

What's the Script Runner command to skip the condition validator that follows? I have the same issue "If resolution is 1 of the many skip the "Fix Versions(s)" validation.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2013

You need a different validator to do that - one that has been written with an "if resolution = X, then pass without checking fix version" test.

That means a bit of coding, which you can't do in OnDemand.

Loredana February 24, 2013

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your answer. How can I learn about this coding possibility?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2013

Have a look through https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+Developer+Documentation and look for "workflow" modules

You might also want to think about using the script-runner plugin, which will save you having to write all the structure of a standard plugin, as you can put the code straight into that instead.

Suggest an answer