When printing issue cards with an added descriptions field, the description text gets cut off

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Customizing cards

When adding the description field to the card and then printing it, the text of the description runs off to the side of the card instead of being wraped around to the next line. Is this a bug or is it working as specified? Sure looks like a bug.

4 answers

Hi Michael,

I assume that you've probably managed to solve this problem already, but if not perhaps you'd like to try Agile Cards for JIRA?
Our add-on allows users to design their card layout flexibly, providing full control over exactly which fields from the original issue (also where and in what order) appear on the final printouts.

Hope this helps.

Magdalena from Spartez

We have this problem in JIRA software server 7.3. too and it will be very helpful if the description does not run off to the side of the cards. 

Looks really like a bug. 

Same problem with 7.2.4 - clearly a bug.

0 votes

Any news about this bug? I'm not eager to pay for plugin to have features which should be obvious.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,079 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot