When it says "Bulk changes are currently limited to 1,000 issues." is that per day?

Lily Tsoiasue November 20, 2020

I bulk moved 1,000 issues from ToDo to Done but still have a few thousand more to move. I read that increasing the limits could affect Jira performance but I'd like to know if I can bulk move 1,000 tomorrow or a different day instead as to not exceed the limit?

The limit states, "Bulk changes are currently limited to 1,000 issues." but is this per day or how often is the limit? Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

Hi Lily,

welcome to Atlassian Community!

The limit of 1000 issues for a bulk change is not bound to a single day.

It just means you can process a maximum of 1000 issues per operation. As soon the operation is finished you can process another 1000 issues.

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi Daniel!

Thank you so much for the information! How long do operations usually take to finish? Or is it something where I need to refresh/logout and log back into Jira to bulk move again?

Best,

- Lily Tsoiasue

Like Dave Liao likes this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

The amount of time a bulk change needs to finish is hard to estimate but you should be presented a progress bar. As soon it is 100% ("finished") you can continue and start a new operation right away.

Like Dave Liao likes this

thank you so much!

So I bulk changed 1,000 and saw the status bar achieve 100% but it still shows the "Bulk changes are currently limited to 1,000 issues." 

Any thoughts or recommendations? 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2020

All I can imagine is that there are more then 1000 issues selected in total - and/or the previous ones are still selected / again selected - while they should not.

I am absolutetly not aware of any time-related restriction and was also not able to find any indication this could be the case.

A logout/login should not do anything bad but I would not think this would be of any benefit either.

Can you make sure you only selected "the next relevant amount of issues" you want to process?

Ohh I see, okay thank you so much!

Cherry_L_Simms
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2024

I have a total of 4,886 which I've bulk moved the first 1,000 issues but still have a few thousand more to move. I read that increasing the limits could affect Jira performance but I'd like to know if I can bulk move 1,000 tomorrow or a different day instead as to not exceed the limit?

The limit states, "Bulk changes are currently limited to 1,000 issues." but is this per day or how often is the limit? 

The status bar indicated all 1,000 were completed and when I check the 1st ticket, I see the update.

It's not even allowing me to move to the page where it should start with ticket 1,001. It just spins....How do I get to the next 1,000 or do I have to wait until the next day.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events