When is the release date of JIRA 6?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

When is the release date of JIRA 6?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2013

Atlassian's policy is "when it's ready".

You'll know the release date when yhey release it, and not before.

You can take good guesses based on the state of OnDemand, blogs, mailing lists, and so on, but you won't get a concrete date unless it's really imminent (the furthest ahead I've known is a friendly informal email when they made the download available, and the formal public "Whee, we've released it" email arrived two hours later)

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

Thanks for your information Nic!

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2013

As a side note, I got tired of asking Atlassian support to fix the email notifications regarding new releases. They just don't work, the only solution was to write a cron script that checks the json output each day and send me and email when a new release is available.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2013

Atlassian's policy is "when it's ready".

You'll know the release date when yhey release it, and not before.

You can take good guesses based on the state of OnDemand, blogs, mailing lists, and so on, but you won't get a concrete date unless it's really imminent (the furthest ahead I've known is a friendly informal email when they made the download available, and the formal public "Whee, we've released it" email arrived two hours later)

Suggest an answer