When is the "New Issue View" planned to be rolled out for Jira Server?

Gregory Schwedock April 18, 2018

The "New Issue View" looks great what are the plans for rollout to Jira Server?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2020

Hi everyone,

Thanks for asking for an update here. 

I have create a new feature request that explicitly requests the Cloud new issue view be implemented in Jira Server and Data Center editions.  You can track that request in JRASERVER-71874.  However I still do not have any clear information on if or when this Cloud feature might be made available to on premise editions of Jira.

It appears that the previous ticket I had linked here has been interpreted as being a different UI aspect than the Cloud New Issue View.  Hence it has been marked as implemented because the UI for Jira Server 8 is slightly different than previous versions.

Regards,

Andy

3 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2018

As of today, to the best of my knowledge, there is no clear time table as to if or when this might happen within the Server platform of Jira.  There is an existing feature request for this over in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-65989

I would recommend watching this issue for updates as well.   Should this feature be slotted for a future release of Jira Server, that ticket would most likely be updated with details of the version where this may be introduced to server.

StefanD986 July 2, 2020

Can we have an update on the status of this? 

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
July 2, 2020

Hi @StefanD986 

I took another look at my previous answer, and I do not believe it accurately answers the original question anymore.  The issue I linked here of JRASERVER-65989 has been marked as resolved.  However the summary of that issue appears to have been understood as the new updated project and board styling and not specifically the new issue view.

If you take a look at What is the new Jira issue view? it does explain in more detail the expectations for Jira Server:

You must be in Jira Cloud to use the new issue view. We currently don’t intend to release it to Jira Server.

Because of this, I do not expect that the new issue view will be implemented within Jira Server or Jira Data Center editions.

Andy

Rdnaskel December 3, 2020

Hello Andy,

Thanks for the helpful response! But it appears that now your quote is nowhere to be found in the article you have linked

You must be in Jira Cloud to use the new issue view. We currently don’t intend to release it to Jira Server.

Has something changed? I haven't been able to look up anything helpful on that.

Suggest an answer