For example, a task in Jira is entered as 3 weeks 4 hours. When exported the original and remaining estimate fields both contain a value of 446400.
This occurs for every task on every project. I can't seem to figure out how 446,400 relates back to 3 weeks 4 hours or if this is just some sort of error with the export.
It's exporting a simple number of seconds for compatibility reasons (most spreadsheets won't understand strings like 3w 4d 2h). Divide it by 3,600 to get the export in hours.
I get 124 hours out of that, which implies your timetracking settings are 8 hours a day, 5 days a week because dividing by 8 gives 15.5 days.
Thanks for the comment, but when I do the math it does not seem to work out.
If I break down the time estimate:
120 hrs. + 32 hrs. + 2 hrs. = 154 hrs in 3W 4d 2h (not 124 hrs).
154 hrs. = 554,400 not 446,400 as exported.
What am I missing?
I'm really sorry, I've completely muddied the waters by using a different string in my example, then doing the calculation on your real data.
You said 3 weeks, 4 hours, which is ((3 * 5 * 8) + 4) * 3600 = 446,400, and that's what you get in your spreadsheet.
If you'd used my data (3w 4d 2h), you'd get 554,400 in the spreadsheet.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG