When i create Two Dimensional dashboard with projects against fix version i get repetition of fix versions

Ecom jira April 2, 2014

When i create Two Dimensional dashboard with projects against fix version i get repetition of fix versions. I used the below query to create a dashboard.

project in ("XXX", "YYY","ZZZ ") AND fixVersion was in(AAA,BBB,CCC)

I Wanted a dasboard which looks like

Fix Version Project

XXX YYY ZZZ

AAA 5 2 3

BBB 7 8 0

CCC 5 6 7

I achieve it using any fileds but not with Fix version/Components. Is there a limitation with Fix versions/Components since its project specific? Please help me remove redundancy of Fix versions.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2014

It doesn't matter what you call a version (or component), it's a separate entity from all the other versions.

If, for example, you create versions called x1, y2 and z3 in project ABC, and y1, y2 and y3 in project ZYX, then you have six versions in total. It doesn't matter that you've only got five unique names, you have six versions.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2014

As I said, the name or label you put on a version doesn't matter. The versions belong to the projects.

You can't "fix the query" because the query is returning data that contains a set of "versions". The fact some of them have the same label is completely irrelevant.

You'd need to hack the gadget so that it groups by name of version and not version object (which would be a disaster for some of us, because we need versions to be separate, even when they do have the same name)

There are requests for "global versions" to be implemented in Jira, but I don't see them high on Atlassian's to-do lists.

Ecom jira April 2, 2014

If there is fix version y2 ,y3 common across many projects will there still be a repetition? Will it consider as unique fix versions specific to a particular project? Is there any way where i can edit the query ?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2014

That sees the versions in the same way - they're separate objects.

0 votes
Ecom jira April 10, 2014

Thanks Nic. Can anyone suggest me if the Power report plugin for Jira will solve this problem?

Suggest an answer