When each subtask is resolved, notify assignee of next subtask in order?

Moriah Chandler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2014

This seems like it would be standard for people completing subtasks in order. Example:

EX-1234

1. Subtask A
  2. Subtask B

When Subtask A is complete, I want a notification sent to the assignee of Subtask B.

I have ScriptRunner, JJUPIN, and other addons installed - I can't find a solution to this in any of their documentation.

Is this really such an off-the-wall request? Or am I missing a simple answer?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Moriah Chandler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2019

The solution requires the JIRA Workflow Toolbox add-on (plus many steps).  The below workflow also uses components in the email body.  This is the workflow:

SubtaskNotifWorkflowFinal.JPG

The #5 and #6 post functions are JWT "Copy a parsed text to a field" types and their configurations are:

#5:

1stPF.JPG

#6:

2ndPF.JPG

Post Function #7 is a JWT "Send an Email" type and the configuration is (3 screenshots):

3rdPF1.JPG3rdPF2.JPG3rdPF3.JPG

Let me know if you have any questions - happy to help if I can.  The developers of JWT are always helpful also!

0 votes
Moriah Chandler
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2014

Adding some more information.... JIRA stores the sequence of the subtasks in the issuelink table. Is there any way to extract this information and use it?

silvie van keymeulen April 26, 2019

Hi Moriah

did you find a solution in the end? I have the same question.

Moriah Chandler
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2019

Added an answer - hope it helps!

Suggest an answer