When do we change 'My Changes' to default to 'Notify Me'

Pan Wong July 4, 2013

Currently when creating new accounts, we see that 'My Changes' are defaulted to 'Do not Notify Me'.

I want to know how do we change it when we create and also how do we change it for existing accounts. We want people to be notified of certain issues that are being created.

I know that many will say this will increase the spam, but we've been locking down the notification scheme to reduce emails. However because of the profile settings, this will hamper the notification scheme that we have set up for this purpose.

Please let me know if there are any additional info I can give to come to a correct resolution

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marlon Aguiar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2013

Hi Pan,

If you go to User Management you gonna see on at left side menu the User Preferences option, there you can set the Notify Me settings globally. This is the path for it: https://example.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewUserDefaultSettings.jspa

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Marlon

Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2013

Just to add up, the global settings won't affect existing user preferences. So each user will have to access their profile and set the option to NOTIFY ME.

Pan Wong July 5, 2013

Thanks so much!

I will notify the existing users in regards to updating their preferences in regards to this

Suggest an answer