When creating an issue, why does it suggest sprints for another project?

Amy April 22, 2015

On the "Create Issue" screen from within my current project, the suggestions on the "Sprint" drop-down are not all relevant to the current project. Is there any way to limit the suggestions so that it only shows valid sprints for my project? What logic does it use to come up with the suggestions? I'm wondering if it's including projects that also use billing codes that have been used on the current project? Is there anything I can do, or am I stuck with it?

2 answers

0 votes
Amy April 28, 2015

Thanks for your reply Nic - I think that confirms my "I'm wondering if it's including projects that also use billing codes that have been used on the current project" theory! The billing codes (job numbers) are obviously linking multiple projects this way. 

Thanks,

Amy

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2015

Sprints are artefacts that belong more to boards than projects - a sprint can include issues from many projects, so there is no such thing as "sprint relevant to my current project", not directly anyway.  

Your project is included in at least one board that has sprints that you don't think are relevant to your project, but JIRA cannot know that because someone has effectively told it that they are by including your project on that board.

Suggest an answer