• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • When creating an issue, the Configure Fields button does not allow selection of fields if you have projects with completely different fields. Can this be changed?

When creating an issue, the Configure Fields button does not allow selection of fields if you have projects with completely different fields. Can this be changed?

Marian Skupski May 28, 2014

I have two project set up that have no fields in common, other than the default fields in Jira. Both have a set of custom fields, but none of the custom fields overlap.

When I create an issue in Project 1 and use the Configure Fields button to select which fields I want to see, that selection carries over to Project 2, and I see none of the fields unless I select All. If I then use the Configure button to select the fields I want to see in Project 2, that selection will carry over to Project 1 and I will see none of the fields for Project 1.

Is there any way to change this? Or do I need to bit the bullet and just choose to see all of the fields for one of the projects?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2014

Hi Marian,

The field selection on the Configure Field of the Create Issue screen is global and it will be kept for all projects that you create issues for.

There's no way that I know of to hide certain fields per project just for a user.

Marian Skupski May 29, 2014

With all due respect, that really limits the utility of this function. I know I'm not the only person that has configured projects with completely separate custom fiels, and I'm also sure that I'm not the only person that uses multiple projects configured this way.

Please consider this a feature request.

Suggest an answer