When creating a project "Create Project" there is not option to select "JIRA Classic" as per the documentation. What did I do wrong?.

Say Say February 15, 2015

I am trying to following instructions below:

The instruction on this link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Get+a+feel+for+JIRA

Get a feel for JIRA

Now that we have your site looking pretty and have some users set up, let's work through some of the basics of JIRA.

Wait! I don't know what JIRA is...

Create a project

A JIRA project is a collection of issues. Your team could use a JIRA project to coordinate the development of a product, track a project, manage a help desk, and more, depending on your requirements.

In this step, you will be creating a project for your team to use. You should still be logged in to JIRA as an administrator, from the previous stage. If not, log in under that administrator account.

1. Choose Projects > Create Project and choose JIRA Classic.
  2. Enter JIRA Junior as the project name. Leave the project key set to its default value of JJ.
  3. Choose Submit to create your new project. 

The project for "JIRA Junior" will be created and you will be shown the project summary page.

3 answers

0 votes
Aamir Qutub November 30, 2016

Hi,

I am trying to find  Create Project and choose JIRA Classic option but it's not there under Project Tab. How do we come to know that we have admin rights for creating a project on Jira?

0 votes
Stephen Goss April 7, 2015

I have identical issue - Always use Classic - No longer appears.

Suggest an answer