• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • When creating a Report, the Date fields (Created, Updated, Due) all have a uniform format (dd/Mmm/yy). When exporting to Excel (Current Fields) the format is mixed.

When creating a Report, the Date fields (Created, Updated, Due) all have a uniform format (dd/Mmm/yy). When exporting to Excel (Current Fields) the format is mixed.

sudharsan g September 6, 2012

Hi,

When creating a Report, the Date fields (Created, Updated, Due) all have a uniform format (dd/Mmm/yy).
When exporting to Excel (Current Fields) the format is mixed.
Some dates appear numeric dd-mm-yyy HH:mm (24 hour) format, but some in dd/Mmm/yy hh:mm AM/PM format.

We end up with an Excel file containing all sorts of inconsistently-formatted dates, e.g.,

• Dec 23, 2010 13:10 pm (Created Date)
  • 31-Jan-11 (Due Date)
  • 12/17/2010 9:08 (Resolved Date)

...and the Start > Settings > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Dates settings doesn't allow one to specify no delimiter.

Thanks!

Sudharsan.G

2 answers

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

Were all the date formats consistent per date field? I.E. were all "due date" fields exported in DD-MMM-YY format, all "resolved date" fields exported in MM/DD/YYYY format, etc.?

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

Hi sudharsan,

I think this is a known bug in JIRA:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-11360

The bug is closed as "not a bug" but it sure seems like a bug to me. Please take a moment to comment and vote on it so we know it is still an issue customers see.

-Simon

Suggest an answer