When creating a JIRA I am getting the following error 'Customer impact: Customer impact is required'

Kerry O_Donnell December 14, 2021

I have removed the Customer Field from the workflow however, when creating a JIRA I am still getting the following error 'Customer impact: Customer impact is required'. How can I remove the field? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

Fields do not get used by workflows directly, so I'm not sure what you mean by "removed the customer field from the workflow"

A field's mandatory flag is a function in the "field configuration" for the issue type  in the project.

I suspect what you have done is removed a field from the create screen, so when you create an issue, you no longer get asked for a value, but you have not removed the "field is mandatory" flag from the field configuration, so Jira is complaining about the field not being set.

You'll either need to add the field back to the screen, or make the field optional in the field configuration.

Suggest an answer