When comment from non-jira-user, gets comment back

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Hello,

This is driving me crazy: I have JETI installed to e-mail with people who are no jira-user/who can't login to JIRA (I refer to them as non-jira-users). Those non-jira-users get an e-mail when they have commented through e-ail but there is nothing in this e-mail.

What happens:
They send an e-mail. JIRA creates an issue and sends an e-mail back; it's sender is Administrator (my default reporter for non-jira-users). No problem here.
When a comment is made in JIRA by someone, they get an e-mail with the comment. No problem here.
When the non-jira-user replies on the e-mail, the e-mail appears as a comment in the issue (no problem here), but then the non-jira-user gets an e-mail that Administrator commented on his issue and only the titel of the issue is shown.

The problem:
Why is this happening? The e-mail from Administrator, not the setup of this e-mail. This is not the intend; it's confusing and a redundant e-mail.

Hope you can help me. It's the last bit of my succesfull implementation...

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

My normal user gets one too...

The one from jira@ourcompany.nlhas all the content and the other from test@ourcompany.nlhas no content.

1. Is jira@ from the Notification Scheme?
2. Do I need to modify the Template in JETI?
3. If so, you still get 2 e-mails... If I succeed in doing #2, can I just delete groups from the NOtification Scheme who recieves the comments? But is it the Reporter or the Current Assignee?

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2014

To be extra clear: the comment from the e-mail has been added by Administrator and because there is a comment, the non-jira-user gets an e-mail. That's the redundant one.

Suggest an answer