When comment from non-jira-user, gets comment back

Hello,

This is driving me crazy: I have JETI installed to e-mail with people who are no jira-user/who can't login to JIRA (I refer to them as non-jira-users). Those non-jira-users get an e-mail when they have commented through e-ail but there is nothing in this e-mail.

What happens:
They send an e-mail. JIRA creates an issue and sends an e-mail back; it's sender is Administrator (my default reporter for non-jira-users). No problem here.
When a comment is made in JIRA by someone, they get an e-mail with the comment. No problem here.
When the non-jira-user replies on the e-mail, the e-mail appears as a comment in the issue (no problem here), but then the non-jira-user gets an e-mail that Administrator commented on his issue and only the titel of the issue is shown.

The problem:
Why is this happening? The e-mail from Administrator, not the setup of this e-mail. This is not the intend; it's confusing and a redundant e-mail.

Hope you can help me. It's the last bit of my succesfull implementation...

Thank you.

2 answers

To be extra clear: the comment from the e-mail has been added by Administrator and because there is a comment, the non-jira-user gets an e-mail. That's the redundant one.

My normal user gets one too...

The one from jira@ourcompany.nlhas all the content and the other from test@ourcompany.nlhas no content.

1. Is jira@ from the Notification Scheme?
2. Do I need to modify the Template in JETI?
3. If so, you still get 2 e-mails... If I succeed in doing #2, can I just delete groups from the NOtification Scheme who recieves the comments? But is it the Reporter or the Current Assignee?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,398 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you