When closing an issue I get the field Comment and can't delete that

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2016

JIRA 6.4.12

The transition to close an issue has it's own screen. This screen ONLY has the field "Resolution".

When using this transition, I get a screen with Resolution AND a comment. Where can I delete that? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2016

All edit type screens put the comment option in front of the user, if the user has "comment on issue" permission.  It's useful for most cases - I often find "fixed" is too short a description for how I resolved an issue.

I think you could disable the permission on that transition by using workflow properties on it, but I'm not actually sure - I've only every done that on status (stopping people pointlessly commenting on closed issues)

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2016

Hi Nic,

I will try that last thing, but I think you still get the field Comment but when you want to comment, you get an error that you don't have the permission. So you won't get any further. 

I think I'm gonna evaluatie my workflow and perhaps remove the screen in that step. 

Suggest an answer