When changing Resolution to not fixed/need more info/cant fix etc, how to make Status: Unresolved?

Shreena Patel October 10, 2012

Hi there,

Currently when using my workflow, when I click on "Resolve" and if I change the Resolution to Not a defect or Cannot be Reproduced, Won't fix etc (as it is not fixed yet) this makes the issue status as Resolved, even though the issue has not been resolved.

I created a Resolution called Resolved so if this is selected it works the way it should, but if I choose any of the other options mentioned above, it automatically says its Resolved, when it should be Unresolved. How can I fix this? Guessing I add a Validator in Workflow but just want to confirm with you before I do that.

Would appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Shreena

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2012

Ah, no, this won't work.

Jira has a very simple flag, and it's coded deep into the core. If you set the resolution field to *anything*, then the issue is Resolved/Closed.

This is not to be mixed up with the STATUS of Closed - that is entirely separate technically.

You can't change this without a huge rewrite of core code, it's not a validator/workflow thing. You need to have a resolution of <null> for issues you want "open" and <not null> for "closed"

I find the best thing to do is draw a simple diagram of your workflow, work out where you want the open/closed thing to occur and then edit each transtion into a status to run a post-function that sets it correctly OR goes through a screen that has "resolution" on it so the user can set it.

Suggest an answer