When assigning a user to a project role Autocomplete does not work, assigning a group does work.

Elvar Bjarki Böðvarsson December 5, 2011

I upgraded our Test setup from Jira 4.2 to 4.4.3 and created a new User Directory instead of the old osuser.xml, put that to the top. Everything works.

Jira reads the users from the correct place and the groups from the correct place.

But when I try to assign a user to a project the autocomplete gives me "No matches" and leaving it with only the username just gives an error, so I am not able to assign any user to a project role. Editing the groups works perfectly (Great job on the implimentation)

I have tried restarting the service and reindexing everything but still doesnt work.

When I browse the users it shows all the users there plus their group memberships from AD.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elvar Bjarki Böðvarsson January 16, 2012

The problem was that with Jira 4.4 the new Crowd AD connector was enabled and the rights to "Browse Users" in global permissions was missing for the AD group.

0 votes
Rob Tanzola December 7, 2011

We encountered the same thing after upgrading to 4.4.3. As a workaround, I was able to add users to the roles using the REST API [http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/] specifically the /api/2.0.alpha1/project/{projectKey}/role/{id} call

Suggest an answer