When assigning Request Types to multiple groups, how can you capture the group to an issue?

I have been tasked to set up Service Desk, using the cloud version.

Within my service desk / Settings / Request Types, I have created request types that are assigned to multiple.  I am trying to figure out how to capture the group the ticket was generated under.  

i.e.  I have request name "Request New Hardware", issue type "purchase", that will show up under two groups, "Office" and "warehouse".  I would like to capture the group within the ticket.  If it is possible, can you point me to a reference?

servicedesk.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg Community Champion Jan 05, 2015

There is no out of the box trick to doing this that I know of. I think that you will need to create a custom field with the various group names as values, and then set that field to be a hidden with the correct default value in each request type.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

421 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you