When adding comment in a Jira bug, the "@" function to assign the comment no longer works.

Peter Tobberup Brandt November 16, 2020

When adding comment in a Jira bug, the "@" function to assign the comment to another user no longer works. 

What setting needs to be set to have this working again?

Br.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2020

Hi Peter,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Is it generally not working anymore or only for some users. The one you want to mention must have at least "browse permissions" to the project. Jira prevents mentioning somebody who would not be able to see the issue afterwards.

Generally you need the "Browse Users and Groups" permission from Global Permission to mention users.
Maybe someone removed this permission.

Cheers,
Daniel

Peter Tobberup Brandt November 17, 2020

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply.

It is no longer working for some of us in the same project. We are still same members of the Jira project, so all members I want to mention should still be able to be mentioned as they can watch the comments.

Looks like I still have this permission, so I must investigate if someone changed something. 

Thanks,

Peter

Suggest an answer