When adding a service desk comment through automation, is there a way to put the reporters name in the comment dynamically?

Marc Pflieger February 17, 2016

I have automations based on SLA's.  so that every 4 business hours, if the ticket is waiting on a user response, it will add a comment reminding the user to respond.

The problem is that requested participants also receive the email notification.  It can be a little confusing if I cannot direct the comment to the original reporter.  The participants are confused at who is being nudged for an answer.

Is there a way to add the reporter's user name to the comment?

Or is there an alternative way for me to alert only the reporter that their ticket is waiting on a response?

Thank you,

Marc

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2016

You may try the following (not a very elegant solution but should work):

Create a transition that uses a post-function that adds a comment  to the issue and puts the reporter name into the comment as plain text or using "mentions".

Marc Pflieger February 18, 2016

That sounds like it is worth a try.  However, my SLA is based on how long the issue is in the status. If I transition to the same status... i wonder if it will start the SLA over.

Suggest an answer