It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
  • Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • When adding a service desk comment through automation, is there a way to put the reporters name in the comment dynamically?

When adding a service desk comment through automation, is there a way to put the reporters name in the comment dynamically?

I have automations based on SLA's.  so that every 4 business hours, if the ticket is waiting on a user response, it will add a comment reminding the user to respond.

The problem is that requested participants also receive the email notification.  It can be a little confusing if I cannot direct the comment to the original reporter.  The participants are confused at who is being nudged for an answer.

Is there a way to add the reporter's user name to the comment?

Or is there an alternative way for me to alert only the reporter that their ticket is waiting on a response?

Thank you,

Marc

1 answer

You may try the following (not a very elegant solution but should work):

Create a transition that uses a post-function that adds a comment  to the issue and puts the reporter name into the comment as plain text or using "mentions".

That sounds like it is worth a try.  However, my SLA is based on how long the issue is in the status. If I transition to the same status... i wonder if it will start the SLA over.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Portfolio for Jira

Program managers, we need your help! We want to learn about how you plan work for a team of teams

Hi community members, My name is Erika and I’m a product manager at Atlassian. We’re currently investigating how teams are planning work at the program level. We understand that every team in a tea...

84 views 0 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you