When a user is @ with right to browse the ticket, is this possible?

Steve Ong October 21, 2019

I have restricted a user right to browse my project and only able to view ticket which is assign to him. Would like to know possible for me @ the user and let him able to view the issue. As what permission I need to modify to achieve this.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2019

Hi @Steve Ong 

In case you want to apply permissions per issue then you need to use Issue Level Security. Here is the documentation.

Ravi

@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_  yup this work well as what I am looking for.

1 vote
Leirbag Assuab October 21, 2019

In addition to @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_'s answer, you'll need to use third part app.

You also have to create a "multiple user picker" custom field. Add this CF to the security level.

When users are mentioned (@) in comments you have to add them to the new CF. Security level will do the rest.

How to check if a user is mentioned in new comments? Here is where third part app must be used. I've done something similar using "Automation for Jira" and I'm certainly sure you can get what you want with this add-on. Also I'm sure you can get it using "Scriptrunner".

There's no option to do what you are asking for using Jira's native configurations.

Hope it helps!

@Leirbag Assuab  thank for the suggestion, I achieve what I want to with Issue Level security as restricted the user access which we want them to. But thanks for the advise

Suggest an answer