When a priority is deleted does it send emails

Marcelle Guiné April 19, 2017

HI,

I wanna delete the priorities that existes today in my Service Desk to create new priorities with new names.

I would like to know if I delete the existing priorities the issues that has these pririoties set will dispare emails to the Assignees and/or Reporters informing about that change.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Ronald van Rij December 21, 2017

I've just tested this on JIRA 7.3.7, and it does not sent any email notifications when you delete (and replace) a priority. 

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

You can rename existing priorities, but it changes them for all JIRA issues in all projects.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

When you delete a priority JIRA will ask you what priority you want to use in existing issues, but I don't think it sends email. 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2017

I would think it would send an issue updated email to anyone set to receive it. 

Suggest an answer