When a Jira ticket/issue is created via email, no notification is sent to the reporter (Jira Cloud)

Deleted user September 16, 2019

I set up Jira ticket creation (Jira Cloud) via email.

The notification is set to send an email to the reporter but no email is sent. I used the notification helper and it shows an email should be sent.

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user September 18, 2019

Turns out it was related to the personal notify me of my own changes setting

0 votes
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2019

Is the reporter receiving any mail from Jira at all?

90% of the time I encounter an "email complaint" about Jira its usually the Users Email client that was causing the problem, not the mail handler. 

I've tried with several reporters using various clients.

Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2019

Are you using the Service Desk or Jira Software? 

Jira Software.

Thanks

Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2019

I am using the Service Desk so my setup is a bit different, are the notifications going to folks within your domain or out to the public? 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-jira-cloud-to-send-emails-on-behalf-of-your-domain-900996548.html

Jira emails are going out, just not to the reporter when the ticket is created via email.

I added myself to the create notification and I do get the email.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events