When ZAPI Put or post Execution, Executed On Date is not updated

ZhaoL February 23, 2014

I used the below link to put a new Execution to test case. But when the new result is the same with latest one, Executed On Date is not the newest date. I need know wha time is my the latest run.

/jira_server/rest/zapi/latest/execution/{id}/quickExecute

/jira_server/rest/zapi/latest/execution/{id}/execute

Could you give me some proposal? thank you very much.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Van Der Wee March 2, 2014

The Execution Date does not update if you are not changing the Execution Status. As a workaround, you can use ZAPI to first update the status to UNEXECUTED before updating the execution with the new status.

0 votes
Daniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014

Hi Zhao,

The 'Executed On' date will only be changed when the execution status changes. If the status remains the same, the date will not be modified by the system.

If you are re-executing a test in a cycle without using a new cycle, please change the statuses back to 'Unexecuted' before changing them to the new execution's status. In order to get history of your previous executions, support advises that you create a new cycle with the test schedules needed (even if they are the same). This allows you to see previous and newer executions of the same tests from the cycle screen.

Regards,

Daniel

If this post answered your question, please consider the 'Convert to Answer' option

0 votes
ZhaoL February 25, 2014

Hello Daniel ,

Thanks your reply. i want used "/jira_server/rest/zapi/latest/execution/{id}/execute " to put a new result. but I meet a issue, sometimes the new result status is the same with the old one. the execution don't be update.

0 votes
Daniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2014

Hi Zhao,

Can you elaborate in detail on what steps you are taking and what the issue is and where it is happening?

Regards,

Daniel

0 votes
Daniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2014

Hi Zhao,

Can you elaborate in detail on what steps you are taking and what the issue is and where it is happening?

Regards,

Daniel

Suggest an answer