When Tasks move to next Sprint, show only the Sub-tasks not Done

rococola July 7, 2015

I tend to organize my team work in general tasks with several sub-tasks each. After the sprint time has finished and some subtasks were not finished, I close the sprint anyway, I then open a new sprint and move the unfinished work to the next sprint.

If it is a task with subtasks, some subtasks are Done and some In-Progress or in To-Do, in the next sprint I would like to see only the subtasks not Done. Currently I see also the subtasks that were Done in previous sprint which makes the sprint board harder to read. It's kind of annoying not to be able to see exactly the work Done in this sprint. Starting a sprint with the Done column polluted with previous work is also annoying.

How can I accomplish this?

By the way I am using the agile scrum workflow.

3 answers

0 votes
Shwetha_Peruri July 20, 2018

Hi,

We are facing the same issue too. My question is if we move the story to next sprint along with completed and incomplete subtasks, will the time logged in first sprint for the subtasks be taken into consideration for the sprint or will that be also removed?

Shwetha_Peruri April 28, 2020

I have the same question.

Were you able to figure out how to handle this

0 votes
Tobi H. August 14, 2016

Any update on this?

I'm currently in the same situation, looking for any solution or workaround. Hoping that in the past 12 months there might be a solution smile

Best regards
Tobias

0 votes
Matthew Campbell Jr September 14, 2015

@Diego Carvallo - I'm wondering how to set this up as well, but I haven't been able to find a solution. I'll keep you posted if I find anything.

Suggest an answer