When I transition an issue I want to create a new task but nothing is created what am I missing?

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 11.36.38 AM (2).png

This is my automation but when I go to the automation log it shows Status: "Success" but Action Details: "No actions were performed" I'm not sure what I'm missing to get this to work

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Connor,

Thanks for trying out Automation for JIRA!  So if the audit log reports "No actions were performed" then that usually means that one of the conditions didn't pass.  If there was an error creating the issue, it would be recorded in the audit log, but looks like we never got that far.

I guess the obvious question is: Can you confirm if the issue that's being transitioned is of type = Epic AND the target status of the transition is "Onboarding" (the rule runs after the issue was transitioned, so the condition will match on the destination status of the transition, not the source status)?

If you're still having problems, can you provide us with the issue JSON before and after the transition please? You can get this by:

• Visiting https://<yourinstance>/rest/api/2/issue/<yourissuekey> before the transition. Copy and paste that into a text file.
  • Then perform the transition
  • Visit https://<yourinstance>/rest/api/2/issue/<yourissuekey> again now after the transition. Copy and paste that into a separate text file.

If your issue contains sensitive data that you don't want to share here, then please contact us through one of our private support channels http://codebarrel.io/support (e-mail, or support request are both fine).

Cheers,
   Andreas

It might be the custom field you're trying to set. Is there a specific property of the field (like value, id, key, name), that you need to call out to set to the issue.key, similar to the assignee name.

No in fact I can remove the custom field. I did that and I'm still not getting a new task created

hmmmm, if you don't use the advanced field (leave blank), will the transition trigger a new task creation?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,269 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot