• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • When I submit a ticket by email, I get an automatic response that says "We have received your request and will get back to you soon. [Project Name]" I want to know where in the system I can change this as the project name is actually the client's name.

When I submit a ticket by email, I get an automatic response that says "We have received your request and will get back to you soon. [Project Name]" I want to know where in the system I can change this as the project name is actually the client's name.

Ruairi McNeany June 17, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Receiving requests by email

The project name is actually the client's name. Therefore when the client sends in a ticket via email they are getting an auto-receipt from the system signing off the email with their own name which is obviously silly. I can't for the life of me find out where in the system you can edit this preset email.

2 answers

0 votes
Shawn C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2016

Hello Ruairi, 

It is not currently possible to customize the messages sent out by JIRA Service Desk to Customers when their Requests are created.  There is a Feature Request to bring in this functionality: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-218

-shawn

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2016

Please verify the post functions whether you are passing any message to the user on Create step.

Suggest an answer